Family and parent tickets
Family time is precious and we know it can be difficult to organise cost efficient days out with the kids. That's why we offer Family Saver tickets across our UK bus network to make sure you can spend quality time with your family and save money on transport.
Our Family Saver tickets give unlimited travel to adults and kids when they travel together. This means families can make as many journeys as they want within a specified zone without having to fork out for separate day, single or return tickets.
Family Saver tickets
Family Saver tickets are excellent value for days out and are valid on all Arriva UK Buses.
- These tickets allow families or groups of people to travel together for a cheaper group fare on our buses and within a specified zone for a full day.
- Unless specified below, Family Saver tickets allow up to 2 adults and 3 children (between the ages of 5-15) to travel together on our services.
How to buy your Family Saver tickets
Buying your Family Saver ticket has never been easier. There are several simple ways you can buy your ticket:
- On your mobile using our app. Please make sure you activate your ticket within the app on the day of travel.
- Online where you can deliver tickets to your phone or an Arriva Connect Smartcard. Please check whether Arriva Connect Smartcards are available in your region before you buy your ticket.
- Directly on the bus using cash or contactless payment.
- At your nearest Arriva Bus Travel Shop.
- From your local shop if it has a PayPoint sign.
- The Family Day Saver is not valid on services that Arriva runs on behalf of Transport for London (the red buses).
- Saver tickets are not valid on Green Line services to and from London (that's Green Line 755, 757 & 758). Please see our Green Line website for more details.
- Children under 5 travel free with Arriva. Child fares are available for children aged 5 to under 16 except in Southend (See Herts & Essex terms)
- Explorer Family or Group tickets allow any four people to travel together.
Family Saver ticket terms in our regions
Family tickets are valid for a minimum of 1 adult and 1 child.
Family tickets are valid for a minimum of 1 adult and 1 child. Child fares are available to children aged 5 to 11, unless they hold a Club 17 card or a 16-18 PhotoCard which offers half-fare bus travel and can be obtained from WYMetro.
The Merseyside Plus Family Saver ticket is available after 09.30am Monday to Friday and all day on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
Herts and Essex
- Explorer (Herts, Beds, Bucks, Berks and West Essex) Family or Group tickets allow any four people to travel together.
- Southend Family Day Saver tickets allow 2 adults and 2 children, or 1 adult and 3 children, to travel together.
- In Southend, child fares are available to children aged 5 to under 14 unless they have a Faresaver Card which entitles 14 and 15-year olds to child rate travel.
Kent and Surrey
- Valid for up to two adults and two children travelling together, or one adult and up to three children travelling together.
- The Family Day Saver is not valid on Maidstone Park & Ride services.