Our new app makes bus travel even easier. Plan journeys, buy bus tickets and store m-tickets all in one place!
Secure, quick and easy
Still scrambling for change before you run for the bus? Left your return bus ticket in your other jacket? Our m-tickets take the hassle out of travelling and allow you to keep your tickets in the safety of your phone.
- m-tickets are cashless so you can pay through your phone
- Quickly buy and renew m-tickets in our app
- Store your tickets securely in our app's digital wallet
- Easily access your m-ticket when boarding your bus
- Quickly find previous tickets and receipts for past journeys
Download and start using the Arriva Bus UK app today
How to buy and use m-tickets
- Download the Arriva Bus UK app to your phone from either the Android or iOS app stores.
- Buy your tickets in the app - buy in advance at a time that's best for you and select m-ticket as your delivery method.
- Store and activate your tickets in the app - quickly access your m-ticket in the 'My tickets' area of the app and activate it on the day of travel. Make sure you have a good WiFi or 4G signal such as at home or work when activating a ticket.
- Show your driver the m-ticket on your screen - once you've activated your ticket, you won't need web access again until you need to buy another ticket.
Arriva Bus UK m-tickets FAQs
What does an m-ticket look like?
Our m-tickets are bus tickets that appear on your phone screen rather than being printed on paper. The 'm' is short for 'mobile', as in mobile phone.
Once you've bought and activated your ticket, a square black and white pattern (a QR code) and the ticket details appear on screen. This is your m-ticket.
What types of tickets can I buy as an m-ticket?
You can use m-tickets for the following ticket types:
- Family and group tickets
- Weekly, 4-Weekly and 10-Trip tickets
- Annual tickets
- Student Saver and Scholar tickets
What do I need to sign up for an account?
To buy m-tickets using the Arriva Bus UK app you'll need an email address, Facebook account or Google account.
You can login as a guest to buy tickets but, if you travel regularly with us, setting up an account will speed up buying your ticket.
How long are m-tickets valid for?
You can buy your ticket whenever you like and keep it on your phone until you’re ready to start using it. If your plans change, as long as you haven’t activated it, you can save your ticket for another day.
How do I pay for an m-ticket?
You can pay with your credit or debit card, PayPal, Apple Pay or Google Pay.
Make life easier for yourself and your loved ones
- Know someone who doesn't have a bank account? Buy tickets on their behalf and send to their phone.
- Teenager off to uni? Cover their bus travel by gifting a Student Saver ticket to their phone.
- Kids using the bus for school? Make sure they've always got a valid ticket on their phone. With m-tickets, there's no cash to lose so no getting stranded.
- Running out of present ideas? Give someone the freedom of travel.
Both users must have an active Arriva Bus UK app account.
M-ticket and app restrictions
On what handsets can I use the Arriva UK Bus app?
The Arriva UK Bus app is available for users of iPhone and Android handsets. The iPhone version can also be used on iPads, but you will need to change the App Store display to iPhone Apps in order to install the Arriva UK Bus app on an iPad. We have no immediate plans to extend the app to other operating systems like Windows phone or Blackberry. But we may review this if there is enough demand.
Can I use the Arriva Bus UK app if I’m using a non-standard operating system on my phone (‘rooted’, ‘hacked’ or ‘jailbroken’ phones)?
No, we do not support devices that have been ‘rooted’ and use non-standard operating systems. We recommend that you uninstall any such operating system if you wish to use the Arriva UK Bus app.