Arriva Connect Smartcards
Paper FREE. Change FREE. Hassle FREE.
Introducing The Arriva Connect Smartcard
Reusable, pocket-sized and a quick way to get onto the bus. Just buy your ticket here on the website, load your card and it with you and tap it on the machine when you board. Then travel over and over again.
No more paper tickets
Just a smart, durable, reusable card
No more rooting around
No need to search for change before you board
Protect your Arriva Connect card by registering it with us
Buy your Arriva Connect Smartcard here
Arriva Connect Smartcard Ticket Types
Flexi Day tickets
- The Flexi Day gives you a bundle of days that can be used at any time within 3 to 6 months (see regional restrictions below).
- Just tap your card onto the bus ticket machine and the day will be activated on the card and will be valid until 2am the following day.
- Each time you activate a day pass the number left stored on your Connect card will go down by one.
- Valid from the day of purchase and the following consecutive 6 days.
- These are sold in singles but work in the same way as the Flexi Day.
- The pass isn't activated until you tap it onto the bus.
- Valid from the day of purchase and the following consecutive 27 days.
- Like with Weekly tickets, the pass isn't activated until you tap it onto the bus.
- Once you have your card and you know what ticket you want, you simply top up online.
- Please allow up to 48 hours for collection; this must be an Arriva bus for your first journey.
- You can only top-up an existing ticket product.
How the Arriva Connect Smartcard works
- You can register for a smartcard online, and when you purchase a ticket, you’ll be sent the card (with the ticket stored on it) to start when you need it.
- Please note you will need to order at least seven days in advance of when you wish to start using it, to allow for the card to be produced and delivered.
Beds and Bucks - Luton & Dunstable Zone
Our great range of adult tickets are available to purchase on our Connect Card and available to use on the Luton & Dunstable Busway.
- Connect Card tickets are only valid on Route 27 and Route 9.
- To purchase or top up your card you can visit the Arriva Travel Centre in the Mall in Luton or the Travel Hub in Dunstable.
- Located in Central Square, in the Arndale House Reception, the Arriva Travel Centre is open 7 days a week and Connect cards and tickets can be purchased here.
- In Dunstable you can top up using your debit or credit card in the Travel Hub, Ashton Square, Dunstable.
- Arriva Connect Smartcards are available for the North West and Wales area, plus the Blacon zone and Chester Plus zone served by Arriva Buses Wales services.
- The Flexi Day gives you a bundle of days that can be used at any time within 3 months.
- Our Student Saver and Scholar Saver range of tickets are also available on Arriva Connect Smartcards in the North West zone.
- Get unlimited travel on Arriva Yorkshire buses in your chosen zone with Arriva Connect Smartcard tickets. These are available for the West Yorkshire and Yorkshire ticket zones.
- The Flexi Day gives you a bundle of days that can be used at any time within 6 months.
- 4-Weekly tickets are available and, like with Weekly tickets, won't be activated until you tap it on the bus. These tickets are valid for that day and the following consecutive 27 days.
Wales and Chester
- Get unlimited travel on Arriva buses when using an Arriva Connect Smartcard ticket.
- Smartcards can be used within the Bangor, Blacon Pointer, Chester Plus and Wrexham ticket zones and the Wales and North West area.
- Flexi Day tickets give you a bundle of days that can be used at any time within 3 months.